December 10, 2011

Sesen Spa: Manicure, Pedicure, and Thai Massage

People hear the word "spa" and automatically assume that it's all fancy-schmancy and expensive.  Well, that's what I think, anyways.  I was in-between nail places after a move, and I just wasn't having any luck with those strip mall salons (I once saw a mouse scurry across the floor during a pedicure).  A friend recommended Sesen in Old Town Vienna to me a few years ago, so I checked out their website, ready to write them off because of high "spa" prices.

To my surprise, the manicures and pedicures were about the same price as the nail salons in the malls, but what got me was their practices.  They use sterilized tools for each client --they actually open up a sealed package right in front of you, like at the dentist office.  Even their nail buffer sponges are new!  They are fanatics about keeping everything clean.  Now I can't even look at another grody strip mall nail place.

Click to read more about my experience:

Sesen has their own line of nail polish, which is great quality and doesn't chip as easily as some other brands.  They also offer RMG polish, but you can always bring you own.  In fact, I bring in Sephora's Nail Bling stickers and they put it on for me.  The staff is wonderful, and I've even had a pedicure from Lisa, the salon's owner, who is super nice!  They take their time and pamper you, never rushing through a treatment.  The environment is calm and I often feel like I want to fall asleep due to the leg/arm massages, soothing music and the sound of their fountain.

Each time I came in, I would always eye their spa menu, and one day decided, oh what-the-heck!  I'm going to try a Signature massage (which incorporates a little thai stretching and heat).  It was one of the best massages I've ever had (and I've had a lot!), and didn't cause me to break out, which usually happens to me after other massages.

They offer facials, beauty and body treatments, but I haven't tried them...yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment