November 10, 2011

Peppered Tofurky and Red Pepper Vegetarian Panini

I love sandwiches and paninis, and Press 195 in NYC is one of my favorite places to get one.  When I can't go there, I make my own!  Here's a quick and easy recipe for one of my favorite panini combos:


Ingredients: 

6 slices of Tofurky Peppered deli slices
1/2 avocado, cut into 4 equal slices
Trader Joes Red Pepper Spread
Cheddar Cheese (I used Veggie Slices, because it's only 40 calories per slice)
Trader Joes Tuscan Pane bread

I like Trader Joes sliced Tuscan Pane bread because it won't get soggy and really toasts up well for a great crunch.  I have a panini press, but I'm sure a grill pan or toaster oven would work well, too.

Directions:

Pre-heat the panini press to 350.  Put cheese, deli slices, and red pepper spread on the bread.  Spray the top and bottom of the panini press with non-stick spray and put the sandwich on.  Heat for 5 minutes, until grill marks start to form and the cheese is all melty.  Once it's ready, open it up and put the avocado slices in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment